Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Power of God on Earth

Well, let me dust off this keyboard and mouse...

It's been a few weeks since I've written and it's a new area and a new year for me! These past two weeks have been busy and hectic. I want to share an experience I had last week that has helped me to see God's hand in my life.

As a missionary you get used to riding bikes. We do have cars, but it seems that somehow we still end up riding our bikes much of the time. Me and Elder Lee were riding our bikes last Friday on the way to get some dinner. He was riding first and I was following. As I crossed in front of a gas station, a pickup truck pulled in directly in front of me. I slammed on my brakes, not realizing in time that I had only hit the front brake! So next thing I knew I was on the ground, wondering what had just happened. I had hit my arm on the pavement and it was hurting. Elder Lee came back and we walked the rest of the way to Subway.

I sat down in Subway rather dazed. I was in shock and still marveling at what had happened. Luckily there were some members of the church who were summoned to help us out and they took us to the hospital. But before that happened, I was given a blessing by the power of the Priesthood. This is a blessing from someone that God has given His power and authority to act in His name. A man who holds the Priesthood can act in God's name and give blessings to those around him. Elder Lee gave me a blessing of peace and comfort, with the promise that all would be well if I trusted in the Lord. As we rode to the hospital I felt that peace come over me, and came to myself again! Later we found that my arm was not broken, only bruised, and that with a few weeks it would be normal again.

I know that God's power is on the earth today, and that He still reaches out to all of His children in love. This is the power and authority that is found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is the power that Jesus Christ Himself used to heal the sick, raise the dead, and walk on water. I know that it is real, and that it can heal you if you will have faith in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment